Friday 17 March 2023

 I would like to start by thanking everyone for their kind words since I returned to school. I am glad to report that my operation was very straightforward and that I have made a ’textbook recovery’ according to my doctor. It has been really good to return to work as I was getting a little stir crazy in my house and as long as I do not pick up anything too heavy for the next few weeks I should be absolutely fine. I have to admit that I think I am in a lot better condition that some people who have not been away from work as there have been some very nasty viruses that have been going around in my absence and some of the staff and children have been quite unwell. I do hope that anyone who has been under the weather starts to feel better soon.

A disappointing thing for me is that because of my operation I was unable to join the Y3/4 PGL trip to Caythorpe Court. I went last year and all the children had a really good time and from what I have heard and from the pictures I have seen they are having another great time this year. These excursions are excellent experiences for the children to have and are only made possible by school staff giving up their free time –time they could be spending with their own families. I am sure you will join with me in thanking them for doing this.

It has been quite an exciting time for the children left behind today because it is ‘Red Nose Day’ and there has been a blur of red in school today. This is a very worthy cause and I would like to thank everyone who has purchased a red nose from us. When I know the total of what we have raised through the sale of the noses I will let you know.

Next week we still have lots to look forward to because we are continuing our Science Week as it had to be cut short because of the Y3/4 trip. On Monday we have an outside company coming in to carry out some exciting experiments with some of the children and I know that the children will really enjoy them. If your child is in Nursery or Reception there are also parent consultations taking place so if you have not made your appointment to see your child’s teacher there is still time to do so.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

 

No comments: