Friday 5 May 2023

 I am writing my blog a little early this week as I have to prepare for our Coronation event. I am looking nervously out of the window hoping that the weather is going to be kind to us and allow us to perform outside but you never know with the British weather. So far this morning we have had both heavy rain and sunshine in the space of an hour. Whatever happens I know that the children have enjoyed learning the different dances so I hope you all enjoyed their performances. I hope the children also like the gift we have given them of a little badge as a memento of the coronation of King Charles III.

I have to have a little moan now. I have noticed that a number of children who have had their ears pierced for a long time are wearing earrings in school. If children do not have newly pierced ears they are allowed to wear ear retainers so the holes do not close up but nothing else. Children are only allowed to wear earrings for approximately 8 weeks when their ears are newly pierced and during that time the earrings need to be taped up all of the time. Can you please ensure that your child does follow this rule as I will be getting children who should not be wearing earrings to remove them in school.

Due to the coronation we have another 4-day week next week but we have a lot to pack into those days. Year 6 have their SATs tests next week so it is a week they always dread but after it is all over they always say that it was not as bad as they thought it would be. I am sure that they will all do themselves proud. I would just like to remind everyone involved with the SATs that children always perform better after they have had a good night’s rest so please ensure that if your child is in Year 6 they do get to bed at a reasonable time. It is also an exciting time for Year 5 because they are going on their residential to Lincolnsfield so if your child is in this year group you need to ensure that they have slept well before they go because they have an active few days ahead of them.

The coronation is an historic event and I have never witnessed one in my life time so I am quite excited about watching it this weekend. Whatever you are doing I hope you all have a great time and I look forward to seeing you again on Tuesday Morning.

No comments: