Friday 26 May 2023

 Another week has flown by and here we are at the summer half term –we have even had some weather this week which has made it feel like summer – at last! The big event in school this week was the Oakmere mini marathon which all the Key Stage 2 classes took part in. This is a wonderful event that all the local schools participate in and even though none of our children finished in the first three in either the Year5/6 or the Year 3/4 event all the children really tried their best and did the school proud. I think that many of the children are already looking forward to taking part in this event next year because they had such a good time this year.

I know I keep going on about it but I keep seeing children wearing earrings around school and I know that their ears are not newly pierced. I did ask if people could check their children’s ears a few weeks ago but may I please ask again that if your children’s ears are not newly pierced that they take their earrings out during the school day and wear no earrings or hole retainers instead. We have this rule in place for health and safety reasons and we do not want a child to get a badly damaged ear before parents respond to our request.

As I wrote earlier we now have the summer half term break to look forward to which is lovely and then we return for the second part of the summer term which is always action packed. When we return we only have a four-day week because we are having our occasional day on Monday, 5th June so all that is left for me to do is wish you all a fabulous holiday and I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday, 6th June.

No comments: