Friday 23 June 2023

 I would like to start the week by first apologising for not having a blog last week. I was unwell and had to go home on Friday and I only realised when I was getting ready to prepare this week’s blog that I had not published last week’s. My virus obviously temporarily affected my memory. Unfortunately, last week a few members of staff took unwell with a stomach bug but thankfully we have all recovered now.

The main event of this week was Sports Day. I was a little worried because earlier in the week there were some thunderstorms forecast for Thursday but thankfully the sun shone for the event and a great time was had by all (although the rain did come down later on). The children all appeared to be having a great time and I think some took advantage at the water event to cool down because a lot of them were drenched from head to foot and I do not think anyone could have accidently spilt that much water on themselves. If they had squeezed their shirts dry into the scoring containers they might have been surprised at how many extra points they could have scored. It was great to also have so many parents and family and friends in school to support the event.  The overall winner was Frampton House and I think that its two captains, Maya and Gracie, looked very pleased and proud to be picking up the winning trophy. I would like to thank Mr Mills for all his hard work and fantastic organisation in putting the event together –it would not be the same if he was not here to put it together for us.

Next week is another important week in school because it is Parent Consultation Week. All of you should have booked your appointments by now. I know you all find these meetings very useful and the teachers do like to share with you about how your child is progressing but I am going to ask like I always do that you do not go over your allocated time with your class teacher. It just takes a couple of people to run over by a little to upset the whole system. If you do feel that there is something that you would like to discuss in more depth with your child’s class teacher make an additional appointment to see them at a mutually convenient later date.

It looks like the good weather is going to last so I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning. I will not be saying that many more times in this academic year because the summer break is fast approaching.

No comments: