Friday 6 October 2023

 We certainly had an exciting morning in school as it was our annual Harvest Festival event. I really enjoy this as it gives me an opportunity to meet lots of parents. The children performed some lovely songs connected with harvest and it certainly appeared that a good time was had by all. I would like to thank our wonderful PTA for organising the drinks this morning and I would like to thank all you parents for your kind donations of cakes and biscuits and for the money donated in purchasing them at the event. This year we are supporting Water Aid which I think is an amazing charity because it helps bring clean water to parts of the world where they do not have this. I really find it hard that everyone does not have access to clean water in the twenty first century which is why I think that this is a really important charity to support.

This is obviously a big week for saying thank you because I would also like to thank everyone who purchased a book from our book fair. I do think that teaching children to read is the most important skill that we can teach them in education and if they have access to good books it makes the task so much easier.  We will let you know how much we have raised when Scholastic let us know and we will use this money to purchase new books for the children to read in school.

There is more to look forward to next week as Year 5 will be presenting our first class assembly of the year. I always enjoy these and I know parents really enjoy seeing their children on the stage as well. An awful lot of work goes into putting these assemblies on so I would like to remind you all that whilst we love to have families come to watch these events that if you bring young children and they start to make a noise or become upset that you take them out of the hall so that the children on stage do not become distracted and are unable to perform. Presenting in front of an audience at such a young age can be a nerve –wracking experience but we feel that it is an important skill to master and we do not want them to be put off from taking part by a distraction in the audience.

Looking at the weather today summer has not left us yet and apparently it is going to remain warm all weekend so I do hope you all have a chance to enjoy it. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: