Friday 20 October 2023

 We have come to the end of a busy week so thank goodness it is the half term break.  There has been a ‘sea of red’ in school today as all the children and staff have been wearing red to show their support for the anti-racism movement. We have supported this in the past as we think this is a very important principle to reinforce in school and I think that with the atrocities that are happening in the world at the moment it is an even more important message to reinforce.

I hope you all found the parent consultations useful. All the people that I have spoken to have told me that they found them very useful and I hope you all found them that way. Although these meetings do involve a lot of work for the teachers I know that they do enjoy these meetings because they know how important parent involvement is to helping children succeed. When children see their parents interacting with the school in a positive way it helps them to view school in a positive way which helps to have a positive impact on their achievement.

We have had a celebrity in school this week and although many of you will have seen them when you came into the school you may not have realised it. For those of you who do not know who they are I have included a photograph below.



 As you can see there are a bunch of flowers but they are no ordinary bunch of flowers. These are flowers that were bought for Madonna to have in her dressing room at the O2. When she left she left the flowers behind but somebody who has been working at the 02 gave them to us and they certainly helped to make an impressive display in our main entrance.  Just imagine the stories they could tell us if only they could speak.

I hope you all have a fabulous half-term. I know from speaking to some of the children that some of you are heading for sunnier climates and I am very jealous. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday, October 30th. 

No comments: