Friday 26 January 2024

 I suppose that the big news of this week has been the fact that my retirement in the summer has been publicised. I would rather have left it a little longer to announce it as I know how the prospect of change can be unsettling for some children but the process of recruiting a new head is a long one and we did not want the news to spread by word of mouth once the advert came out which it did on Wednesday. I am retiring because I think it is the right time to go -I want to be fit enough to enjoy my retirement after a very fulfilling career in teaching.  There is still a long time until the summer though and I assure you I will be committed to serving Little Heath as best I can until the day I do retire.

It has certainly been warmer this week but that does not mean that the weather has not been causing us problems. We certainly did not have the best start to the week with Storm Isha at the weekend followed by Jocelyn on Tuesday night. I know some people struggled to get to school on Monday because of the destruction caused by the storm. Fortunately, we did not have any damage to the school but I did wake up on Monday morning to the sight of a large chunk of my back garden fence lying on the lawn. It is certainly not the start to the working week that you want but fortunately it is being fixed today so hopefully if another storm comes it will be able to remain standing.

I know the choir are looking forward to next week because they are performing in a Young Voices concert at the O2. This is certainly a highlight for all the choir members and if it is as good as last year both the choir and the audience are in for a treat. They have been preparing for months and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for all their hard work.  I would also like to thank Mrs Robinson and Mrs Lawrence for all their hard work in preparing them for the event. I will be joining them at the O2 on Monday. I know that when I do retire that I will miss attending events like this with the children so I will have to make sure I make the most of events like this before I leave.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. It certainly looks more settled than last weekend so hopefully no broken fences this weekend. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: