Friday 24 January 2020


I am publishing my blog early this week because I am going to the ‘Young Voices’ event at the O2 with the choir. I have been joining in with the rehearsals in recent times and I know that the children are all very excited about taking part in the concert. They have sounded really good in rehearsals and I know that they will do the school proud this evening. I would like to thank all the children for all the effort they have put into their rehearsals and I would also like to thank Mrs Lawrence, Mrs Robinson and Miss Bradford for all the hard work they have put in to get the children ready for today.

I have been asked to remind parents about the one-way system that unofficially operates around the school during drop-off in the morning and pick up times at the end of the school day. As we are situated in a cul-de-sac we are in a difficult location and if, during busy times, cars try to enter and exit through School Road it can quickly lead to a very congested and dangerous situation. We therefore ask parents during these busy times to drive along Thornton Road, come through the church car park where the church allows parents to park their cars whilst they drop off or collect their children. Then when cars leave they can exit through School Road. If everyone follows this system it means that traffic flows more smoothly. May I also remind parents that they are not supposed to park on the zig-zag yellow lines outside the school from 8.00am – 5.00pm each day. Parents are also not supposed to park in front of residents’ drives – this is against the law and if neighbours contact the police perpetrators will have to face the consequences of their actions and the school will not be able to help them.

I would like to thank everyone who made a donation towards the Australian Bushfire appeal today. As I said last week I think this is a very worthy appeal to support. I am sure that you have seen on the news that areas of Australia have been suffering even more extremes of weather with terrible storms and golf ball sized hailstones whilst other areas are still dealing with the bushfires so they need all the help they can get. I will let you know how much was raised in my next blog.

I hope you all have a pleasant weekend. I am a little disappointed that the weather has become dark and grey again – I really enjoyed those couple of frosty days that we had because it was so bright and sunny but at least with the cloudy skies the temperature is a little warmer. I look forward to seeing you again next week.

No comments: