Friday 16 April 2021

 

I hope you have all had a good Easter and the children are glad to be back. They certainly appear to be happy and with many of the extra-curricular clubs starting up again there is a real buzz in school. The weather is also getting a little better and that makes a difference as well. I know some of you may have started going out to pubs and restaurants again. I have been out a few times as well but I have to admit I do find it quite challenging sitting out in cold weather. It is nice to be meeting up with friends again but I am keeping it to short bursts as I do like to be warm. Roll on May 17th when we can meet in groups indoors!

I do not like to start the term with a moan but I have had some information that is very worrying to me. Some parents were at traffic lights next to the church waiting and when the light turned red for cars to stop a car turned out of School Road and drove across the zebra crossing – and apparently this is not the first time this has happened. May I please remind all drivers that when you turn left out of School Road that there is a set of traffic lights there so please approach this turn with caution so you can stop if required. It would be terrible if there was an accident before people took notice of this.

You will have seen that I have sent the dates out for the term in the newsletter. I am planning to have some whole school events that we can invite parents to eg. Sports Day but I cannot confirm whether parents can be present until nearer the time.  I have organised the events for after June 21st when apparently there will be no social distancing but we have not had it confirmed if we can invite additional people onto the school site. I do appreciate your understanding through what has been a challenging time for all of us and hopefully we will all be able to meet up again in the not too distant future.

Have a good weekend –it is starting to get a little warmer so it will make those outdoor meetings a little more pleasant although I am looking forward to the day when I do not have to go out looking like a walking duvet. I will see you all on Monday morning.

No comments: