Friday 12 November 2021

 It is always at this time of year that I feel the weeks really start to fly by –I cannot believe that a week has gone by since we were preparing for the firework display. I am sure that all of you who attended that will say what a great night it was. We have not had so many attend for a long time and, as I wrote in my newsletter, I think we have raised in the region of £9000 which is just amazing. I would like to thank everyone who helped out for making it such a great night, but especially to Clare Creswell, Laura Boillot and Lindsey Williams who co-ordinated the whole event and have been leading the PTA for the last couple of years. They are now going to stand down so I would like to thank them for all their work in supporting the school for the last couple of years – they certainly went out with a big bang.

Next week in school is also going to be a busy one. We are starting of Monday with ‘Odd Socks Day’ which is part of Anti-Bullying Week and it helps us celebrate how great it is to be unique. The theme this year is ‘One Kind Word’ and we will certainly be putting across the message of how one kind word or act can positively impact a person’s life. On Tuesday we have a Diwali workshop coming into school and they will be carrying out dance sessions for children in Years 1-4 – I know they are all looking forward to that. We are then ending the week with ‘Children in Need’. This is a big national fund raising event and one that the children love taking part in –the little ones in particular take great delight in wearing all their ‘Pudsey’ paraphernalia to school. We also have the ‘Year 4 Assembly’ taking place on Friday so we certainly have lots to look forward to.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. The weather looks quite pleasant this weekend (if my weather app is accurate) so there is plenty of opportunity to get out and about.

No comments: