Friday 26 November 2021

 I think we can all certainly agree that winter has arrived this week –the drop in temperature has been very noticeable and I am now having to wear all my winter layers. There has been talk of snow but on my weather app all it is showing is a little sleet for the weekend but it has let me down many times recently so it cannot be relied on totally. I know the children would love it if we did have some snow but I always have mixed feelings about it because of the decision about whether to keep the school open or not. Let us hope that if it does come we just get a light smattering so it can help us all get in the Christmas mood whilst not missing any more time off school. As the weather has changed can you please ensure that all your children bring in an outer garment to wear outdoors because some children are playing outside in shirt sleeves and I certainly think it is too cold to be dressed outdoors like that.

Last week I told you about how much we had raised for ‘Children in Need, up until the point I wrote my blog and I am now pleased to tell you that we have exceeded that amount and we raised £642 in total. This is the most we have ever raised for this very worthy cause and I would really like to thank you all for your generosity in supporting it. We have another Mufti day next Friday but this time the event is being run by our own PTA and we do not want money this time but items to put in our annual Christmas Hamper draw such as Christmas puddings, mince pies, chocolates etc. Once all the items have been collected the PTA arrange them into wonderful hampers which you can then buy raffle tickets for to try to win one. My family has been very lucky with this draw and we have managed to win a couple of these hampers over the years. They have helped our Christmas celebrations get off to an early start and they have certainly contributed to our festive fun.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday morning.

No comments: