Friday 14 January 2022

 When I was writing up the dates for next week I could hardly believe that it will be 17th January on Monday – we are already halfway through January. If the weeks keep passing this quickly it will be Spring before we know it. Not that we have much to complain about because we have had some lovely sunshine this week. I know that it has been frosty (and a little slippery on some days) but I do think that we can all cope with anything as long as we have a bit of sunshine in our lives.

I am afraid that I need to have a little moan this week. As I have been moving around the school I have noticed a few lapses in the children’s uniform e.g. incorrect footwear, the wrong coloured socks or tights or KS2 pupils not wearing ties. Can you please make sure that your child is dressed in the correct uniform when they are in school. If you are unclear about what they should be wearing you can check the uniform list which can be found on our website in the parent tab. (I am not including in this the extra jumpers/coats that children are wearing to help keep them warm in the classroom). We will be sending texts home to parents for children who are not dressed appropriately or who have forgotten their PE Kit (another thing which is happening too often).

Although we are still operating the school in ‘bubble’ mode indoors there are still lots of exciting things happening in school next week. On Monday Year 5 are taking part in a Viking workshop and on Tuesday the children in Nursery through to Year 2 will be taking part in a jungle drama workshop. We are also starting the outdoor clubs again next week (netball, rugby and football) and I know a lot of the children are looking forward to taking part in these again.

I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend. I have to prepare my house for some renovations that I am going to have so I hope many of you have more exciting things to look forward to than that. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: