Friday 21 January 2022

 It was great to start our outdoor clubs again this week and, all being well, the indoor clubs will be starting next week. I am really happy when all clubs are running because I do think that the extended curriculum is just as important for children as the mandatory curriculum. As it has been a while since all clubs were last running, you may want to check our website to check which nights the different clubs run. We also have two new external clubs staring this term as well. They are a chess club on Tuesday night and a Karate Club on Friday evening. If you have not already signed up for these and you think your child may be interested in starting them, please enquire at the school office for contact details.

I am also very pleased to say, that as our Covid cases have been so low we will be getting rid of class ‘bubbles’ next week and returning to our normal routines for the running of the school. I am sure that you will agree that this is great news but if rates do rise within the school we will have to return to our ‘bubble format’ for running the school.

I know that some of you that have read my school letter may have thought that I was complaining about many things. Can I assure you all that was not the case. I brought up the watches and earrings as they are health and safety issues and I do not want any harm to come to the children. I mentioned the uniform because after a couple of lockdowns and the children being allowed to wear additional layers in the classroom to help keep them warm I think some people have become confused as to what the actual uniform is and it is important that we re-establish our expectations to those that existed before the pandemic.

That is all for now. I have really enjoyed this week because although it has been cold it has been sunny for most of it which has been very uplifting. Let us hope it that we see more sunshine over the weekend.

No comments: