Thursday 7 July 2022

 I am writing my blog early this week because I am out on Friday which is a shame because I know that it is going to be a really good day in school. We are starting the day with a piano recital where all the children who have been learning the piano in school are putting on a performance for the school and their parents. I have heard them practising over the year and I have really enjoyed listening to them as I move around the school. I know you are all going to have a good time watching them perform.

Friday is also ‘Break the Rules’ Day which has been organised by the PTA. I would like to see how everyone looks with their uniform infringements (although some pupils try to break rules on a normal school day). It is all for a good cause though and I know that all the goodies that are brought in will help to make ‘Funday Friday’ next week extra special. The Year 6 are also holding their ‘Apprentice ‘event on Friday afternoon. This is always popular and I am looking forward to hearing all about it on Monday next week.

A highlight of the week for me was attending the POTSMA (Potters Bar School Music Association) concert at Wyllotts theatre on Wednesday evening. This is a concert put together with other schools from the Potters Bar area. They all practise songs in their own schools and then come together to put on a performance for their families and friends. It is great for local schools to come together to put on a concert like this. This year the theme was ‘Flight’ and all the songs they sang were based around this theme. It was a great show and the pupils from Little Heath did the school proud. I would also like to thank Mrs Robinson and Mrs Lawrence for all their hard work in helping the children prepare for this event.

Next week is action packed in school as well. We are starting the week with our last ‘Sharing Assembly’ and on Tuesday Year 3 will be visiting the Celtic Harmony Camp. On Thursday we will have the new Reception children in school and it is also the day when the children meet their new teacher. In the evening parents will be able to meet their child’s new teacher as and find out all the information they will need for next year. On Friday we are having a mufti –day in school because we have the PTA ‘Funday Friday’ to look forward to after school.

It is certainly an exciting time in school which is typical for the end of year. It is always great fun at this time but may I remind you that the holiday has not started yet so please make sure that your children are still going to bed at their regular time so that they are not too tired during the day. It can be tempting to relax the rules as the end of term approaches but we find that the children can be a little more fractious at this time and being tired just makes things worse.

I hope you all have a great weekend. The weather appears to have realised that it is summer and the sun is shining down on us so I hope you all can get out to enjoy it. I am a tennis fan so will have to spend some time indoors so I can watch the end of Wimbledon. See you all on Monday.

No comments: