Wednesday 20 July 2022

 It is finally here – the last day of term and although the weather has presented us with a few hiccups we have reached the finish line. The holidays now stretch before us so let us hope that the hot weather does not disappear and we have six weeks of rain. Looking at my weather app this is not going to happen (although some rain is predicted for later on today but should quickly disappear).

I know that many of you attended the Funday Friday event last week, and, like me, found it a most enjoyable evening. I would once again like to thank the PTA for all their efforts in organising and running the event and to everyone who supported the school by attending the event. I think it is great that we can run events like this again. When all the money has been counted I will let you know how much is raised.

As I mentioned last week the last week is focussed around the Year 6 as they will be leaving us. Although the weather did hamper their leaving schedule they managed to perform their play which was called ‘Jill and Fred’s Most Hysterical Historical Adventure’ and their Leaving Assembly this morning. They did themselves proud with both productions and I know that all their families felt both proud and emotional watching them. We ended the day with the Leavers Parade when the Year 6 bid a fond farewell to all the school. I know that you will join me in wishing them all well for the future.

As it is the end of term many of you have been very kind and generous by bringing in gifts for the staff. I have been lucky enough myself to receive some and would like to thank everyone who gave me a gift – it is nice to feel appreciated.

All that is left for me to do now is to wish that you all have a great holiday. Thank you for all your wonderful support over another challenging year and I look forward to meeting up again with you all on Monday, 5th September.

No comments: