Friday 21 July 2023

 What a week it has been. It has all passed in a blur and we are now at the end of the academic year. They do say that as you get older time passes by more quickly and I am sadly at that stage in my life where I find that is certainly true. It really does feel like it was just a couple of weeks ago when it was September and the beginning of term. 

It has certainly been a lovely and busy week to end the year with though. On Tuesday the PTA had their Summer Fun Day and it was enjoyed by everyone who attended. They managed to raise an amazing £1749.88 which will certainly help to support the school in the coming year. I would like to thank everyone who supported the event and to our wonderful PTA who organised the fun day. Without this support Little Heath would certainly not be such a well-resourced school.

Many of us will be looking forward to a holiday but we are also sad at this time of year as our Year 6 are leaving us and will not be returning in September. They have had a fun and action packed week. Firstly, they performed their leaver’s show, ‘I’m am 11 Year Old – Get Me Out of Here’ to the school and their families.  They all performed it very well and everyone who watched it found it very entertaining and enjoyable. They then took part in the annual ‘Teachers v Year 6 Rounders Game’ and, I am sad to say, that the staff were beaten again. CBBC then came in to do some filming with them regarding how artificial intelligence is being used in educational programmes and I know they are looking forward to being on television in the autumn. They ended the week with their Leavers Assembly this morning which was both a happy and sad occasion in equal measures. We do hope that they have enjoyed their time with us and are taking many happy memories with them. We also hope that they feel well prepared for the next stage of their education and that they can all achieve their dreams in the future. They have another fun event to look forward to as they are having their Leavers’ Party later this evening.

As it is the end of term I have been very fortunate to receive some lovely gifts from parents and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me a gift. I hope you all have a great holiday and I look forward to welcoming you all back on Monday, 4th September for the start of what I hope is going to be another wonderful school year.

No comments: