Friday 7 July 2023

 I am sure that you have all heard but ‘the circus has come to town’ or, to be more precise, ‘Little Heath’ this week. The children have all had their chance to practise a variety of circus skills such as juggling and balancing. They all found it highly entertaining and very enjoyable. It was a lovely thing for them all to take part in as we approach the end of term.

As I mentioned in my first paragraph the end of term is nigh and I know you will be all looking forward to the summer break and having a rest. However, while we are in school we still have to follow all the same practices that we have followed all year so I was a little disappointed when my site manager informed me that people are starting to ignore the cones and are trying to drive up and park in front of the school to drop off their children. We deliberately arrange the cones so people cannot do this so as to create a pedestrian zone which makes it safer for the children to walk into school. Some people have been making the excuse that they do not want their children to be late for school but people need to get themselves organised so that they are leaving early enough to park up and give their children enough time to walk to school if necessary. We do not want an accident to happen for people to respond to this request.

As it is the end of term we have another action packed week in school. We have our new starters visiting us next week and most of our Year 6 will be visiting their new secondary school on Thursday. Children who are remaining in school will be spending some time with their new class teacher and then on Thursday evening parents (with the exception of the current Reception parents) can come in school to meet their children’s new teacher and find out about the year ahead. These sessions are for parents only but Mrs Robinson and myself will be in the hall running a crèche for any children that you cannot find childcare for. We will be showing a film during this time. Reception parents will be able to meet their new teacher in early September. We are ending the week with a ‘mufti’ day for the PTA when children can come into school not wearing their uniform as long as they bring in a donation for the PTA event the following week.

With all that going on I think it is just as well that we are breaking up for summer the following week. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend – I enjoy watching tennis so some of my time will be definitely spent watching Wimbledon. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: