Thursday 28 March 2024

 The Easter holiday has arrived and there have been a few glimpses of Spring weather to make us believe that it is actually on its way although the weather this afternoon is certainly not spring like. Let us hope that we do get more warm weather over the Easter holiday although if you look at the forecast it is not good news because there appears to be even more rain on the way. If this continues I think we are going to have to build an ark to ensure that we survive. 

The big event of this week has been the performance of ‘Rock Bottom’ by years 3,4 and 5. The children put on a great show and did themselves and the school proud. I have been amazed by the amount of lines some of them have had to learn and the bravery of those singing solo. It is something that I would never do and more importantly I think that is something nobody wants (or needs) to see. I would also like to thank the Year 3, 4 and 5 staff for all the work they have put in to make this performance possible. It has taken a lot of planning to put on a show in such a short half term whilst still ensuring that the children’s learning has not been disrupted too much. As a community we are very fortunate to have such hard working staff.

I hope you all have a great holiday and come back feeling refreshed and full of energy in readiness for the summer term. It is going to be my last term in this school so I would like it to be one that everyone really enjoys. I look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday, 16th April.

 

No comments: