Friday 15 March 2024

 Another exciting day in school as it has been Red Nose Day.  I have not seen many of the children wearing their noses (even though I did have mine on this morning to greet them at the gate) but I do know they are looking forward to the bake sale after school. I do think that it is good to support causes like this and I would like to thank all the people who have bought noses or donated cakes. There are a lot of bad things happening in the world at the moment and I think that doing anything we can to support the people going through these terrible events is vital. If ever I think that life is not treating me fairly I just watch the news for 10 minutes and I realise how lucky I am.

It has been Science week in school this week and the children have been really enjoying all the different activities that have taken place. This week is a really popular event on the school calendar and I know that the teachers enjoy it almost as much as the children.  I would like to thank the teachers for all the additional work that they have put in to organising the extra activities - I would especially like to thank Miss Davis (Year 3) who has co-ordinated the whole event.

Looking after the wellbeing of the school community in Little Heath has always been a priority for us and we are pleased to announce that this has been acknowledged externally as we have been awarded a National Silver Wellbeing award. This award highlights how we put wellbeing at the heart of learning, teaching and leadership. We are very proud to have achieved this and I would like to thank all the people who work in the school who have helped to make this possible. I would especially like to thank Mrs Cresswell who co-ordinated all the material so we could achieve this award. Without all her hard work all our good work would not have been recognised.

The weather has been very changeable this week but at least we have experienced some better weather – especially yesterday. Let us hope we see some more of that kind of weather this weekend. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.

No comments: